Friday, October 17, 2008

Life is what we perceive

Just a simple incident, but triggered a thought inside me. We know many things, but wont really carry them in mind always. Sometimes some certain silly incident will make u think and link u to what u may claim to be a way of life or some big talks like that :) Similar thing happened to me as well. I was too down yesterday with some heavy feeling inside me and I stand by the window and see the trees outside, the big tree with all its small leaves moving and shaking in the heavy breeze. I somehow felt a kind of ease at heart seeing that tree. Like brushing my sorrows out..I felt that the tree is frowning and sobbing for my state. Ha ! there is somebody rather something out there empathizing my state. Then today, I am happy, just jumping with joy over something so filled with fun and I happen to look at the same tree thru the window, the same big tree with all its leaves shaking in the breeze. I somehow felt an extra shot of happiness, I felt that the tree is laughing out loud, shaking its leaves and moving itself and sharing my happiness. Then I stopped by and thought to myself "Have I gone nuts?" Come on, the tree is just standing there, daily, and moving just coz of the wind and what has it got to do with intensifying or reducing how I feel. Then I thought, 'Get back to senses plsss..'

But sometimes it happens, when we are down, we visualize the whole world around as a big mass of sorrow and when we are happy ,everything around us seem to be happy. So what we see is not exactly what we perceive. I just saw the tree and the same tree, at different moments makes me feel different thing about it. The same happens with humans too. When I am down, even a simple, sometimes, a good note from someone gives me a wrong signal and I go down for it. When I am happy, I take all things light and move on.

Life is not exactly what's happening to me, but what I perceive it to be.

I have the independence to perceive it to be good or bad. May be good always :) Don't I?

Btw, I was wondering how would I perceive the tree as, when I am just normal :P

No comments: